For those of you have not followed the indie PC game scene, theres a big new player starting to show its face. Its called Day-Z, and its being hailed as one of the most original, compelling zombie shooters ever.
The game is still in development, but its hype train is very quickly snowballing into whats going to surly be a big title, especially for a mod.
1. Its a large persistent world with open roaming. – When you die… you lose your character and start a new one.
2. Trust no one, other players can play as “bandits”. Then again.. they could play as allies. You can get new weapons by finding them laying around.. or you can kill other players for them.. beware!
3. Proximity voice chat. You can yell for help… if your close enough to other people – this makes role playing seem seamless and natural.
4. You need resources to stay alive like food and water.
5. Over 500 AI controlled zombies + 50 players roam the game map at any given time.
More about Day-Z from these articles:
PC Gamer :